Automatic installation ↑ Back to Top
Automatic installation is the most straightforward option as WordPress handles the file transfer and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Projects, log into your WordPress Dashboard and go to: Plugins > Add New.
In the search field, type “Projects” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found Projects (double check that the author is WooThemes) you can view details, such as the the point release, rating and description. Most importantly, you can install it by clicking Install Now.
After clicking that button you will be asked if you’re sure you want to install the plugin. Click Yes and WordPress will automatically complete installation.
It’s possible at this stage that you will be taken to a page requesting FTP details of your webserver. This is the case if you’ve not installed a plugin on this particular installation of WordPress before. If so, fill in your details to complete installation.
Pre-installation ↑ Back to Top
If you have not chosen a hosting solution for your WooCommerce store we have partnered with two web hosting companies to offer you custom packaged solutions that pre-install WooCommerce, our Storefront theme and other key features as part of the deals – the two options are as follows:
- Bluehost: A scalable platform, pre-installed with WordPress, WooCommerce, and our Storefront theme. This hosting package includes a dedicated IP and SSL certificate to keep your store protected and secure. Read more here.
- SiteGround: Get your shop pre-installed with WordPress, WooCommerce and Storefront – along with premium plugins (Akismet and VaultPress) for spam protection and site backups, an SSL Certificate & dedicated IP for extra secure payments. Read more here.
Manual installation ↑ Back to Top
The manual installation involves downloading the plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favourite FTP application.
- Download the plugin to your computer.
- Unzip the file.
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
Once you’ve installed Projects, be sure to read the setup documentation.