The Cash on Delivery (COD) gateway is a simple payment gateway which doesn’t require payment to be made online. Orders using Cash on Delivery are set to on-hold until payment is made when either you or your delivery personal deliver the order.
You as the store owner will want to confirm payment was made on delivery before heading into the orders in WooCommerce and handling them from there. You want to be sure you are paid before marking an order complete.
See our managing orders documentation for more information.
Cash on Delivery has the following settings:
- Enable/Disable – Enable or disable the Cash on Delivery gateway.
- Title – Choose the title which your customers are shown during checkout.
- Description – Add a decsription shown to your customers if they choose Cash on Delivery at checkout.
- Instructions – Explain to your customers how to pay via Cash on Delivery.
- Enable for shipping methods – Choose shipping methods that must be used to enable Cash on Delivery.
- Enable for virtual orders – Allow Cash on Delivery to be used on orders for virtual products.