How To ↑ Back to Top
Important installation note
Please note there is an important first step after installing the Caffeinated theme. You need to navigate to Settings > Permalinks and click on the Save Changes button, even if you haven’t made any changes. This is to register the custom post types used in the Caffeinated theme.
Home page overview
The homepage consists of an introduction, portfolio and recent blog posts section as well as a widgetized footer area.
Setting up the home page
Once you have installed the Caffeinated theme on your WordPress website you’ll see a custom panel called Caffeinated in your WordPress backend menu, with the theme options, etc. within that panel. You’ll also see a custom post type panel that appear in the backend menu Portfolio. This custom post types is used to display portfolio content on the home page and portfolio template.
Setup the Portfolio
This theme includes a portfolio template which can showcase your work or products. To add the portfolio you need to follow these steps:
Add the Portfolio link to navigation
- Add a new Page in WordPress (Page -> Add New)
- Add a title to the page e.g. “Portfolio”
- Select the Portfolio page template in the Attributes panel on the right
- Publish your page!
Adding portfolio items
The portfolio section also uses a custom post type called “Portfolio”.
- Add a new portfolio item in WordPress (Portfolio -> Add New)
- Add a title to the portfolio item
- Add some text in the content to describe the portfolio item
- Upload the Portfolio Thumbnail image in the Custom Settings area
- Upload a large image OR add an URL (to external image or video etc.) which your thumbnail will link to
- Add an optional Portfolio Link to to show a “Visit Site” button in your portfolio item
- Add an optional tag to categorize your portfolio item
- Publish the portfolio item and repeat for next portfolio item
NOTE: You must have uploaded a “Portfolio Large” image for image attachments to work.
Upload multiple images per portfolio item
When opening a portfolio image in the included lightbox, you can have multiple images there to look through. You can set this up very easily under the portfolio item. Here you enter the rest of the images by uploading image attachments to the Portfolio Item and click Save Changes (do NOT insert them into the post after upload).
- Go to the theme Options Panel
- Setup portfolio category tags if you wish to categorize your posts
- Tick “use lightbox” if you wish the large images to display as an overlay when clicked on, not a link that takes you to a new window.
- Save settings and you’re done!
Widgets ↑ Back to Top
Custom Optimize widgets
The theme includes 8 custom widgets that you can add to any one of your widgetized areas:
- Woo – Flickr
- Woo – Adspace
- Woo – Search
- Woo – Blog Author Info
- Woo – Custom Nav Menu
- Woo – Tabs
- Woo – Embed/Video
- Woo – Twitter Stream