The Simplify Commerce plugin extends WooCommerce allowing you to take credit card payments directly on your store.
Requirements ↑ Back to Top
To function, Simplify Commerce requires:
- A server with CURL support (to communicate with the API)
- PHP 5.3+ (a requirement of the SDK used)
- WooCommerce 2.0+
- SSL/HTTPS setup to keep customer data safe
Installation ↑ Back to Top
- Unzip and upload the plugin’s folder to your
- Activate the extension through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payment Gateways > Simplify Commerce to configure the plugin
For more information on installing and managing plugins
Setup ↑ Back to Top
On the settings page you should configure the gateway.
The usual enable, title and description fields are present as well as the following Simplify specific options:
- Sandbox – Enable sandbox mode to allow testing mode. This lets you use the test cards found here: https://www.simplify.com/commerce/docs/tutorial/index#testing. Sandbox mode does not require SSL.
- Sandbox Private Key – From your simplify account > Settings > Api Keys. New accounts should have a sandbox account pre-created.
- Sandbox Public Key - From your simplify account > Settings > Api Keys.
- Private Key – This is your live key from your simplify account > Settings > Api Keys for live payments. SSL is needed.
- Public Key - This is your live key from your simplify account > Settings > Api Keys for live payments. SSL is needed.
On the checkout ↑ Back to Top
Customers pay on the checkout page. When Simplify Commerce is selected the credit card form will be displayed:
The method is not showing
In live mode, SSL must be enabled in order to use Simplify Commerce.
I’m getting an API error
Ensure you have input the correct keys and that if you are in live mode, you have entered live keys (not test keys).
Does this extension support automatic subscriptions?
At present, no. But it will work with subscriptions in manual mode.
Terms and Conditions
Simplify may ask that the website contains a Terms and Conditions page before approving your account. If you need help setting this up, please refer to the Checkout Page section on the Configuring WooCommerce Settings documentation.