As of WooCommerce 2.2+ Simplify Commerce is now included in WooCommerce core. The Simplify Commerce gateway extends WooCommerce allowing you to take credit card payments directly on your store.
Requirements ↑ Back to Top
To function, Simplify Commerce requires:
- A server with CURL support (to communicate with the API)
- PHP 5.3+ (a requirement of the SDK used)
- WooCommerce 2.0+
- SSL/HTTPS setup to keep customer data safe
Setup ↑ Back to Top
On the settings page you should configure the gateway.
Select the box to enable this option and fill out the following fields:
- Title – displayed on the front end of your shop to your customer when selecting the payment method they want to use when checking out.
- Description – use this to include additional information about this payment option if desired.
- Sandbox – Select the box to enable sandbox mode which will allow testing mode with orders using the test codes found here: Simplify – Test order credit card numbers. Sandbox mode does not require SSL.
- Sandbox Private Key – This is used for testing. Go to: Simplify account > Settings > Api Keys. New accounts should have a sandbox account pre-created.
- Sandbox Public Key – This is used for testing. Go to: Simplify account > Settings > Api Keys.
- Private Key – This is your live key found on your Simplify account > Settings > Api Keys for live payments. SSL is needed.
- Public Key – This is your live key found on your Simplify account > Settings > Api Keys for live payments. SSL is needed.
On the checkout ↑ Back to Top
Customers pay on the checkout page. When Simplify Commerce is selected the credit card form will be displayed:
The method is not showing
In live mode, SSL must be enabled in order to use Simplify Commerce.
I’m getting an API error
Ensure you have input the correct keys and that if you are in live mode, you have entered live keys (not test keys).
Does this extension support automatic subscriptions?
As of WooCommerce 2.2+, Simplify now works with both manual and automatic payments.
Terms and Conditions
Simplify may ask that the website contains a Terms and Conditions page before approving your account. If you need help setting this up, please refer to the Checkout Page section on the Configuring WooCommerce Settings documentation.
How can I send a second invoice from Simplify to my customers?
This is not something found within in functionality of WooCommerce so in that case, please contact Simplify to set that up.