With the Shipment Tracking extension you can provide customers with an easy way to track their shipments by adding a tracking link to emails and order pages.
Installation ↑ Back to Top
- Ensure you have latest version of WooCommerce installed
- Unzip and upload the plugin’s folder to your
- Activate the extension through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Adding tracking information to orders ↑ Back to Top
On the edit/view order screen you will see a new write panel for shipment information:
To add shipment information for your customer to view:
- Choose a provider. This should be the shipping company you have used. If your provider is not listed choose the ‘custom’ option.
- Add the tracking number which the provider assigned you. If you chose the custom option, you will need to put in a full link to the companies tracking page (if applicable).
- Choose a shipping date (optional) so the customer knows when the package was shipped.
- (optionally) test the preview link to see if it works as you expected.
- Save the order. This is also a good time to change the order status to complete – the customer will receive an email (with the tracking code inside) at this point.
Custom Meta Reference ↑ Back to Top
The custom meta fields used by the Shipping Tracking plugin are as follows:
Changing the default shipment provider ↑ Back to Top
The plugin provides a hook for changing the default provider from ‘custom’ called ‘woocommerce_shipment_tracking_default_provider’. This can be used by adding a custom function to your theme functions.php file and passing back the name of the provider which should be default: