How To ↑ Back to Top
Setting up the Social Profiles
To set up the social profiles viewable in the sidebar, you need to add the social profile widget for however many social profiles you would like to display, for example: 1 for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, etc. Navigate to Appearance > Widgets and drag the Social Profiles widget onto the Social Profiles Box (Sidebar) widgetized zone. Then set up the options, as seen below in the screenshot.
Adding a video to a post and the sidebar video player
To display one or more videos in the sidebar video player, you need to complete the followings steps.
- Create a tag that you will use only for posts containing a video to be displayed in the player (for example, “videos”).
- Create posts containing a video with this special tag applied to them.
- Go to appearance>>widgets and drag the Woo – Videos Widget to the widgetized area of your choice to make the video player display on your Web site.
Adding a video to a post
To add a video to a post, copy the embed code from your favourite video sharing site and paste it into the “MyStream Custom Settings” box below the WYSIWYG editor in your post backend manager. Remember to tag the post with the tag you created especially for videos. Publish your post, and you’ll see the video added to your player..
Setting up the video widget
Go to appearance>>widgets and drag the Woo – Videos Widget to the widgetized area of your choice to make the video player display on your Web site.
Below you’ll see we used the tag “video”. The latest one appearing in the sidebar of the demo.
Placing an advert on your website
The MyStream theme has three dedicated ad sizes available to you. A top banner (468 x 60 pixels), a content banner (468 x 60 pixels) and 3 side-by-side block (125×125 pixels) adverts. It also comes with an adsense widget.
The top banner (468 x 60 pixels), content banner (468 x 60 pixels) and 3 side-by-side block (125×125 pixels) adverts have dedicated positions on the site and are only required to be set up and enabled/disabled in the theme options.
The Adspace widget is set up under the widget options and can be positioned in any of the sidebar widgetized zones. It can be any size, obviously not bigger than the sidebar widths though.
The image below shows the demo’s setup of the top banner advert.
Widgets ↑ Back to Top
Custom MyStream widgets
The theme includes 4 widgetized zones, including the social profiles box, and 7 custom widgets that you can add to your widgetized zones:
- Social Profiles
- Woo – Videos widget
- Woo – Flickr
- Woo – Adspace Widget
- Woo – Search
- Woo – Twitter Stream
- Woo – Tabber
Please note to get the lifestream functionality working in the “Woo – Tabber” widget you will need to install this plugin – http://www.enthropia.com/labs/wp-lifestream/
Setting up widgets in WordPress
All our themes come with additional custom widgets, which are all available in Appearance > Widgets.
Page Templates ↑ Back to Top
Custom Page Templates
All of our themes come bundled with unique page templates which adds additional functionality to your pages. These are our standard page templates included in most themes:
- Blog (template-blog.php) – Displays all your blog posts which is useful if your front page is a custom page and you want a “Blog” page.
- Archives (template-archives.php) - Displays all categories, monthly archives, popular tags and the 30 latest posts
- Sitemap (template-sitemap.php) - A sitemap that shows all your posts and pages.
- Full Width (template-fullwidth.php) – A full width page template without the sidebar.
- Image Gallery (template-imagegallery.php) - Displays your featured images and links to the post.
- Contact Form (template-contact.php) – A page with a contact form.
- Timeline (template-timeline.php) – A page that has a clean timeline view of all your posts.
Additional page templates might be included in your theme.
Setting Up Page Templates
To add a page template to your page:
- Go to Pages > Add New.
- Add a title to your page.
- Go to Page Attributes panel in the right sidebar.
- Select a Template