How To ↑ Back to Top
Adding Images To Posts / Using the Image Resizer
Many of the different template pages within Bloggingstream, uses an embedded image within a post when displaying the post to the user. This means that you need to add a custom image to a post should you wish to display the image with the post. If you decline to add an image to a post, it will not be displayed and won’t disrupt the theme in any way. Note: Images do need to be added to Featured Posts as specified below in section #4.
Our themes use a custom image resizing script (thumb.php) which will dynamically resize, crop & create an image in the appropriate size needed for the template.
View video demonstration. To add images to your posts, please reference the screenshot below and follow the subsequent instructions:
Screenshot 3: Bloggingstream Custom Settings.
- Go to Post>New, complete all of the standard fields when adding a new post.
- Then, click on the “Add Media” icon and upload an image of your choice.
- Once uploaded, copy the complete “Link URL” field.
- Now scroll down to the Bloggingstream Custom Settings panel (just below your Categories) and paste the “Link URL” into the “Image URL” field.
Adding Video Posts (Sidebar)
Adding a video to your post is very easy. Simply copy the embed code from your favorite video site (like YouTube or Vimeo) into the Bloggingstream Custom Settings field. It will automatically be resized* to fit in the post.
Note: You will also need to tag your video posts with “video” to show up in the sidebar. And if you want the video to show up in the single post view, you would need to add the embed to the post content.
* Note: If for some reason your embed code isn’t resizing properly, you should change the values of width and height manually in your embed code.
Setting up special page templates
- Go to Page > New in the WP admin panel.
- Simply fill in the page title, which can be anything, and then ignore the page body content.
- Find “Template” under “Attributes” in the right sidebar box and select the page template you’d like to use (see the screenshot below).
- And publish!
Screenshot 4: Selecting your page template.
Widgets ↑ Back to Top
Custom Bloggingstream Widgets
Bloggingstream includes a bunch of different widgetized spaces, along with custom, Bloggingstream-specific widgets to allow you more customisation options than ever before. Here’s a brief run-down of both the widget areas and custom widgets:
There are 2 different widgetized spaces throughout the Bloggingstream template:
- Homepage – Displayed in the middle column on the homepage only
- Sidebar – Displayed site-wide
Note: You will need to go to Apperance > Widgets to add any widgets to these spaces. By default the theme will not display anything in these spaces, until you add your own widgets.
The theme includes 8 custom widgets that you can add to your widgetized area:
- Woo – Popular (Home)*
- Woo – Recent Comments (Home)*
- Woo – Tags (Home)
- Woo – Ads 125×125* (setup ads in options panel)
- Woo – Flickr*
- Woo – Video Player*
- Woo – Twitter*; and
- Woo – Stay Updated
* denotes that there are options inside the widget that you may need to set for it to operate properly
Setting up a lifestream
The lifestreaming functionality (on the homepage) is handled automatically by a 3rd party plugin, which you can download here. To activate the functionality, you would thus only need to activate the plugin and setup your feeds according to the plugin’s documentation.